About Me

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Currently studying in the University of Nottingham, England.

Friday, January 18, 2008

My 2007 Christmas Trip!! (Part1- Dublin)

OKAY!! EXAMS ARE FINALY OVER!!! YAY!!

Now I can finally tell you about my Christmas Trip which Im sure your all simply DYING to know about yeah?! Overall it was a fantastic trip, except for one f***ing blunder. I FREAKKING LEFT MY CAMERA AT HOME!!! Bah, I still cant stop hitting myself for it. I mean like, what the HELL is the point of having a super great and EXPENSIVE vidcam, if im gona leave it behind on such a trip?? Ireland is sooo beutiful, and its the perfect place to take outdoor HD, imagine 1080p!!!! So, I have very few piccies, I had to survive with my phone (which is thankfully a k800) as well as tumpang Jo n Norman's camera. Or course Normz has an SLR which leads to fantastc pics!

DUBLIN:

First, I went to Dublin on the 20th, and spent a few days with my cousin Anu, and Jolynn of course!! It was sooo nice seeing both of them after such a LONG time!! OMG!!! IRELAND IS SOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! you can tell im getting all excited thinking about it! XD. I will DEFINATELY go there again. Next stop Galway!! HOOITZING HERE I COME!!! muahahahaahh.

Lol im going nuts. I didnt really go around very much in dublin itself, but from what I saw in the city centre, it realy is a beautiful city. My cousin DID say that 3 days was too short a trip. SIGH. NVM Ill go again. One thing, dublin sure isnt cheap!! But its definately worth going.

My flight was delayed by several hours, so I arrived at Dublin in the late evening. In fact, by the time i got to my cuz's place it was already 7pm!! BAH!! Went out for dinner with her, had Malaysian food!! Oh. I will NEVER take a cab in dublin unless i absolutely HAVE to. about 60% of the money i took with me to Ireland went off to the taxi man! (im not gona tell you the exact figure!)

Next morning I met up with Jolynn n Elaine! Yup!! Elaine is in UCD too! I had no idea untill I saw her waiting with Jolynn. LOL. Had Lunch at her place, then we went around abit. We ended up going for a movie at the biggest mall in Dublin (cant remember the name). Then went around a little bit more around the town at night. Went to Grafton Streeet ( think thats the name, forgot so muh di!) to see the christmas decorations. Since it was already late, I slept at Jo's place that night, cuz next morning we were going HIKING!!!

Following Morning, we headed out of Dublin, to the small town of Bray. If you wana see Ireland, thats the best way to go. Head out, cause Ireland is all about the great outdoors. We climbed Bray hill, and it was absolutely fantastic!! The scenery at the foothills as well as the top of the hill is awsome! (scroll down for pics) You see, the hill is by this lovely pebble beach, and from the top of the hill, there is a giant cross, and you can see the town of Bray, and the whole of the Dublin metropolitan area in the distance. The view is absolutely BREATHTAKING!

Ok, so maybe we had planned to do too many things in one day, cause we had to dump the trip to the Guiness storehouse. The Irish are very proud of their Guiness. Practically all souviners are about Guiness. LOL. Anyway, next place we went was Ennis-kerry (doubt I spelt it right), which is EVEN further away from Dublin. At Ennis is a old English Lord's mansion, with B-E-A-utiful gardens. Words simply cant describe the whole area, not just the gardens, but the whole of Ennis. One word. AMAZING. (I soooo wish I had my cammie)

It was a very long walk from the bus stop, and by the time we were done touring the area, it was already dark. (bout 6pm I think). Before we went around we had Lunch/Tea there,enjoyed the view and fresh clean air. Its just sooo peaceful. Anyway we spent quite alot of time there since we had already decided to not go to the Guiness Store House, which was ALL the way in Dublin, and it closed at 5pm. But, we were practiclally in the middle of nowhere! After a very long walk back to the bustop, we were abit lost, because we were unsure of which way was back to Dublin! :S Well, one very lovely Irish couple gave us a lift ALL THE WAY BACK to Dublin! They were so friendly and kind, and went out of their way to help us. Bet you will never find that kind of people in Malaysia!!

I promised my Cuz that Id go with her to her friend's Xmas party, so I rushed back, took a shower and out we went! Got to meet my cousin's friends, and I had a good time. (Apparently they enjoyed my company too. YAY!) Oh my cousin n her friends are all around 26 (graduated n working, most of them), so they were all like "you're soo young!" LOL, but you know what, its 2008 now and im gona be 19! I feel so old.....

Anyway, came back reaaly late the next morning (obv, its a party!). Woke up late, so rushed to town to get some souviners, and then took ANOTHER cab to the airport! Sigh that morning was such a rush that I didnt even get to take any pics with my cousin. Oh well, I will next time I go! Deffinately! Maybe ill even get to meet her BF?

So! That was my whirlwind trip of Dublin! Even though it was waay to short, I had a blast! Got to see 2 people who I hadnt seen in a very long time. Then it was on to London! Malas to blog about that trip right now, so Ill continue later, but for now.... PICTURES!!!!




City Hall at O'Connel Street


An Interesting Tram Bridge


Christmas decorations at Grafton Street




Me n Jo at the Square in front of the Mall I told you about



Me n Jo halfway up Bray Hill



The Beach at Bray




At the Summit, with the hills at the back. Its really windy!!



The City in the distance! The picture dosen't do it justice!!



Me n Jo with the giant cross. Outstandingly Wonderfull!

Somewhere in Enniskerry, on the road to the Mansion. For some reason I realy liked that hill.

Dublin is full of Statues! but this one is just one of the many at the Mansion

The last picture I took in Dubin. The Three of us, somewhere in the Gardens.

No comments: