About Me

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Currently studying in the University of Nottingham, England.

Monday, January 28, 2008

My 2007 Christmas Trip!! (Part2- London)

Okay! Finaly its time to update on my christmas trip! Today is monday, and since I have nothing better to do, I might as well do this.

Right. I landed in London Stansted on the evening of the 24th, and took the tube to South Kensington, which is where Imperial College is. I was staying with Norman, for those of you who dont know. Unfortunately, I couldnt use the route I planned cause they were doing works at Victoria station, and so no trains were going there. Hmm, I had to make a (literally) last min change, but it was ok becuase the new route ended up being faster and cheaper!

A word of advice if you want to go to London. Get an Oyster!! (sumfin like a TnG) Its much cheaper with an Oyster rather than buying tickets. Youll regret it if you dont.

Anyway. It was WAAAY foggy that night. I oculd barely see in fornt of me. Haha Norman had to come out and meet me near the station exit because I could find my way(due to the lack of visibility).


Next morning he took me round Imperial College. No I dunt have many pics! Dont forget I didnt take my camera along... Anyway. Imperial is a very beautiful Place. Hahah most of their physics labs are underground. I figure its not just due to lack of space, but also becuase if anything happens, itll be contained underground. LOL.


Well, after that, Nomz took me around Kensington area. He took me to the Royal Albert Hall. Very grand place where all sorts of music and arts performances are held. Then we went to Kensington Gardens, which is just adjacent to Hyde Park.

There we saw the Royal Albert memorial, which bsaicly looks like a giant That building from a distance. It has a solid gold statue of Prince Albert (husband of Queen Victoria). Shows just how rich the British Empire was. At kensington gardens, we basicly just relaxed, and fed the birds and stuff. Walked around the area, then went for lunch somewhere nearby.

In the afternoon/evening, I basicly just walked around the area alone(Norman was tired and took a nap :P) I walked up to Harrods, and around the area basicly. Took some pics, and even got abit lost LOL. (thank goodness for my map of london). Later that night, met up with Ce Dong, Yevonne and Ian. There was a christmas party at Imperial, held by Malaysians (who were mostly studying at Imperial). Had quite abit of fun. I realy wanted to go to church though, and there was this great big catholic church that was having a grand midnight mass with Ochestra and choir. Unfortunately, before I realised it, the time was already 1am, and so I decided that there was no point going to church, so I stayed on at the party. Sigh. Ian and Yevonne stayed over at Imperial.

Next day was Christmas day!! The one day where England is practically dead. No public transport whatsoever. So Ian and I took a slow, long walk from Imperial to UCL (where he is studying). We went thorugh ensington Gardens, and enjoyed the scenenry. Walked through Oxford street, and urmm, what else. Of course the cristmas decorations at Oxford Street were absolutely beautiful. Anyway, you can probably tell Im abit lazy to blog. (somehow this feels more like a chore that I need to just get done...)


That night, Ian took me around UCL. Its also very old and beautiful, and I took one or two pics with my phone. Ian cooked me dinner, and urmm...what did we do that night? I realy cant remember! I think we just watched TV! LOL there realy wasnt much to do....


Next day? BOXING DAY SALES!!! It was off to Oxford Street! OMG it was sooo crowded! And all along Oxford streeet you could see the word SALE. LOL. Boxing day sales are realy big here.


Funny thing is, just off oxford street, it was quite the opposite. There was hardly a soul around. Most were just people who parked their cars and were walking to Oxford Street. I didnt realy shop, because I wasnt sure of what I wanted to get. LOL. Some people will call it a waste, but then this IS england. SO ill be paying in pounds....


So that was how our Morning and afternoon was spent. In the evening, the guys (Ian, Norman and CeDong) took us round Central London. We first went to Trafalgar Square, then to Bond Street, Down to the riverside, past Westmister Abbey, then to Big Ben. Oh BTW at this time Jolynn had allready arrived in London, and we were trying to meet up with them. Between debating on who should go where, giving her travel directions, and begging Jo to get a UK number ASAP, my phone bill skyrocketed, as I was the one in constant contact wif JO. Dont forget that she is using an Irish number, so its not included in my minutes.... Worst thing? In the end we didnt meet up at all!! AIGH....


Anyway, after all that we went back to Norman's place for dinner. After that? Ping Pong!! HAHAH yea, I learned to play ping pong, and we practically played that the whole night. LOL.


My memory is seriously failing me now... I cant remember what happened on the 27th. I know i spend the whole day at the Science Museum, and the Natural History Museum, but after that, I have no idea as to whar happened..... :s


On the morning of the 28th, I packed up and left. I didnt even get a chance to say bye or thanks to Norman, becuase he had work, and so had to leave. I went over to Ian's place and got the rest of my stuff (which I had left there), thanked him, and said goodbye. Then I made a quick stop at Oxford street to get some souviners. After that I headed over to my grand-uncle's place for Lunch. His place is pretty far away, Zone 5 maybe??


Anyway, spent the night at his house, and ot to know them. I havent seen them in AGES. Then I left for home on the morning of the 29th! I was back in Nottingham by mid afternoon, and thats the end of my christmas trip!


So...what now? Pictures of course! ENJOY!



The Royal Albert Memorial



Harrods!!



The Famous London Underground







An Original London Bus! Very hard to find these nowadays...







Cute eh? This is at Hyde Park




Me at Marble Arch
Me, Ian and Norman at Trafalgar Square





Still at Trafalgar Square, but this time against the National Gallery




I know its a crappy picture. The Christmas Tree and The Pole at Trafalgar Square




Big Ben!


The London Eye and City Hall from Westminster.


Silly pic of the 3 of us at Norman's Place

No comments: