About Me

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Currently studying in the University of Nottingham, England.

Monday, September 22, 2008

So Im back in the good city of Nottingham...

Well, as its typically me, this is a delayed post!
Well I planned to blog in dubai with my 4 hour transit n all that....didnt happen (sleepy/lazy)
Then I thought Id blog on the train from London to Nottingham...didnt happen (no wifi even though there was supposed to be)
Then I thought Id blog once I got back to my room. Well technically im doing that but its alrdy Monday night and I arrived on saturday evening.

So.... 2nd year is about to begin...*groan* its supposed to be ALOT more work than last year...and well with my brain rotting away for three months in Malaysia....NOT GOOD!!!

On the plus side...I finally managed to meet up with Hwee Yin!! Ya i know its been YEARS. Guess what we met up at London St Pancras. Dumb huh? we had 3 months to meet up in malaysia and it didnt happen. So i went for a BurgerKing with HY n her friends. Stupid thing was that I had to rush off after like 15 mins just after we started catching up (face to face for a change!) because my train was due to leave at 3.30. So at 5.10 i rush across the street back into STP and run all the way from the international terminal to the EastMidlandsTrains side.

I go to the ticketing counter...and get a ticket printed for 3.55pm instead!! LIKE WTF MAN>>> I finnaly meet up with Hwee Yin and have to rush off only to find out later I could have spent like half an hour more with her n her friends had I printed my ticket FIRST...BAH!! Anyway, she should be coming over for the Notts Games (like any other good malaysian in the UK would!) so well have more time to catch up then.

Still I was very happy with the train service. Very new very comfortable (nice bathroom too! >.<) and it still arrived at 5.30 in Notts.

Got to HuStu..n Steve the porter was there to greet me! Got david to help me lug my stuff up from the basement to my room. (belive me some of the stuff was HEAVY - I could not have done it without help). Then we headed over to the 'clubhouse' to chill for awhile.

I came back to my room bout 9.30pm and well just brushed my teeth and CRASHED! I didnt even put my sheets on. I was tired but not really sleepy. thought id just lie for a moment..n before i knew it i was asleep. Hey travelling for more than 24 hours + jetLag is goanna take a toll on you ya know!

I woke around 3am and started unpacking.....then I went back to bed around 7am as the sun was rising. but no I hadnt finished unpacking. In fact the last bits of unpacking have yet to be done even at the time of writing.

Let me see...what did I do on Sunday...hmmm leme see since i slept at 7 am it was only natural that I woke up around 1pm. Took a shower, and by then many of my new neighbours had started moving in. Got to know them. More like just introduce ourselves n chat a little. Im rubbish with names anyway!

Then took one of them to beeston for a subway (my lunch) and sainburys. Sorry cant remember his name...think it was mike :p

After that..more unpacking before dinner and the warden's address. Didnt bother going for the fresher's stuff after dinner. Headed over to the 'clubhouse' instead (if your wondering what the clubhouse is..ask me sometime and ill tell you ;)

Slept over there and came back this morning. been lazing and unpacking all day really. Went to the bank to get some stuff done and thats about it.

Oh yea! All the stuff i stored in the basement has a very funny smell. And alot of the organic stuff (clothes wooden spoones etc) are pretty moldy :S aigh. Looks like im gona have to wash some of my clothes even before Ive worn them. Oh well should have occured to me that it would happen when you put it in a very OLD basement for 3 months!!

So anyway..Im back in the good city of Nottingham...the land of Robin Hood, and life goes on.....

~Baron Out~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoi... good to see you had help with the tonnes of stuff you must have had. i'm sure pritima is missing you already. good luck with second year, and have fun!

Oreste said...

Helo Baron, a salute from Rome. Ciao